Custom Search

Re: Epson Perfection 2450 and VueScan

On 12 Mar 2002 at 20:49, david_bookbinder@sprynet.com wrote:

> I'm about to get a 2450 and wonder what the advantages (if any)
> of using VueScan for b&w negs is over whatever software Epson
> supplies with this scanner. There are too many instances of VueScan
> to make a search of the archives meaningful for finding a pre-existing
> thread on this topic, but if there is one, please point me to
> it and excuse the redundant question.
>
> My experience in scanning negs is, at present, zero. I will be
> doing some color negative scanning as well, and some slides,
> but my focus is on black-and-white Tri-X.

I've worked with the Epson driver for the 1640, and
with VueScan.  Neither one has the features I really
need in a film scanner driver.  With enough futzing
around, either one will do.  Not sure what other
choices you have.  Of the two, VueScan will have
better support, mostly from folks here on the list.
I personally have never been comfortable with it,
but lots of folks swear by it, especially for scanning
negatives.

rafe b.