Custom Search

Re: Epson Perfection 2450

On 11/3/02 20:13, "Nick Compy" <ncompy@bruderhof.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have recently bought an Epson Perfection 2450. In fact, so recent that
> it hasn't even arrived yet. Do any of you knowledgeable people know
> anything about it? I need to be able to scan in reflective stuff as well
> as transparencies up to 4x5. This had the best reviews I could find
> online and in print, and since I already have a 1270 inkjet printer from
> the same company, I didn't see any reason to buy something else.
>
> It has an optical resolution of 2400 and a Dmax of 3.4
>
> I am also daring to get it with Firewire, which I have never tried
> before. Any input on that also?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Nick
> -

Nick,

You mentioned various reviews. I would be interested if you are aware of any
online ones I could take a look at. I am currently considering buying one
myself. Wanting to do some research though before I make a final decision.

Any comments appreciated

Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.