Re: Nikon 8000/W2K Major Problems

> Been there doing that, hasn't worked (yet). My scanner has been down since
Monday. What I've had success with is a combination of turn scanner off,
unplug the firewire cable, cycling the scanner, re-connect... and/or turn
scanner off, unplug the firewire cord, wait 7 seconds, re-connect. If that
doesn't work after 20 or so tries, uninstall, regsweep, re-install Nikon
3.12, usually after the 3rd or so re-install of 3.12 the scanner is seen.
BTW I was told by level 2 tech to always power on and cylce the scanner
before boot.

> This sure is one expensive headache.

Sounds like a hardware/resource sharing conflict. Have you tried moving the
firewire card to another slot?

-