Re: Cutting Negs

----- Original Message -----
From: "gary" <gsellani@accesscom.com>
To: <scan@leben.com>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 5:35 AM
Subject: RE: Cutting Negs

> What a lamo website design. Yes, you are correct about the 6013 having
> glass:
> http://www.gepe.com/english/113-sm_spec/6013.htm
> Turns out the 6012 is full size and does not mention the glass.
> http://www.gepe.com/english/113-sm_spec/6012.htm
> 24 x 36 Full Size  2,3 mm 20 6012 for list instructions.

Glass too I'm afraid.

The whole thread makes me wonder whether a kind of
sub carrier / archival system would be convenient.
Something like a mount for 10 selected frames (35mm)
that takes care of aligning and can be put in sleeves
for archiving and put in the 'mother' carrier for scanning.
Easier to handle in general than 35 mm strips.
Who designs things like that now ?
At the brink of digital photography and with existing
analogue archives hardly a profitable business I guess.

The 44 x 66 mm frame size that Alpa introduced for
MF has a better film flatness in the camera but also
makes the handling of frames easier and should give
better flatness in scanner carriers if there ever appeared
a carrier for that size.
Alpa deliberately kept the same frame numbers (6x7) per roll
so around each frame there's more material to clamp and
 handle. Of course there's a waste in material but will it
be a waste in image production ?

Ernst

-