T1200 vs 2450

Hello fellow Scanners

I am looking to upgrade my scanning facilities and would appreciate
some comment from members.

Currently I use an AGFA Duoscan T1200  for reflective and transparency
material - optical resolution 600x1200 max.
I am considering upgrading to the Epson 2450 rated as 2400x2400 dpi
The extra resolution is desired to enhance my ability to scan
transparencies. However as we all know specs are funny things; what
looks better on paper may not be in practice.

Has anyone experience with both scanners that could comment.
(I would love to use a more upmarket purpose built transparency/film scanner but funds are
limited.)

Sandy Gray
sandy@mcgray.com.au

-