Save Space

Carl:

>When I initiate SP, a little light bulb icon pops up at the bottom of my
>screen. Right click on it an you have access to the version number and a
>small help file.

Right you are:  SP 2.0A  What is yours?  And others?  And it is TWAIN 5.51A

>I would say that if there is a "Scan To File" option in Smart Panel and
>there is in version 2, then it is there for a reason and it should work as
>expected. I still say that you have a bad install or bad software.

Maybe so -- at least there seems to be a bug in this "A" version:

When I invoke SP from the Panel, SP runs and finds a Preview image as
expected.  Then I can crop and Scan as expected.

BUT there is a mysterious solid grey window flashes by and vanishes.  Only
after frustrating trial and trial and trial do I see that the "Verify
Assistant" is behind the TWAIN window and I must del the TWAIN window to
see the VA window -- There is no hint that this window is there -- in deed
why would one think to del the TWAIN window presumably prematurely.   If
TWAIN is really finished, it should vanish spontaneously.

This must be a bug!  I will re-install just to see.  But I am distracted by
the nutty "Verify Assistant" name of the next window and the "File
Assistant" name of the next.  These names are not even the titles of the
windows.  Who thought of these silly names?!  The programers should be lashed.

Anyway I have now discovered the sacred hidden way to save the file, but
Epson has made it as difficult as they possibly can. Mmmm maybe not.  BTW I
have found that asking for help from  the publisher is usually
fruitless.  Lists are usually much more beneficial.  I  thank  those who
helped.  I will be back for the next technical question anon.

But before I go, what does the acronym TWAIN stand for?  Something cute I
suspect.

TX

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com