Re: Windows XP and Nikon LS-2000-Adaptec ASPI driver warning for XP

On 16 Dec 2001 at 9:27, Dickbo wrote:

> Go into the Niko USA site for XP upgrade which is now called 3.1.2

Sheesh.  First upgrade of the scanner driver since I bought my
LS-8000 in June.  The release notes are disappointing -- it
doesn't appear that Nikon has fixed anything of significance since
the original 3.1 release.

Certainly no mention of banding issues, no mention of TIFF file
write times.  There are no instructions on how to do the upgrade
(though there's an install manual, on PDF, for Windows XP.)

Given the troubles I've had installing NS 3.1, I think I'll hold off
on this "upgrade" until I learn more, or hear some user reports.

rafe b.

-