RE: Windows XP and Nikon LS-2000-Adaptec ASPI driver warning for XP

On 15 Dec 2001 at 20:46, Larry Becker wrote:

> I still haven't had luck getting my LS-2000 running under XP Pro with either
> Silverfast 5.5 or Nikonscan 3.1, but I ran across this cautionary note on
> the Adaptec site. Take it for what it's worth:

<snip of dire warnings from Adaptec site>

It's like I've said before, Larry.  Ignore the warnings.  Adaptec clearly
doesn't want to be in the middle of things any more.  For current
products with current drivers, ASPI is (or should be) irrelevant.

But if you're trying to get legacy products working on Win2K, you
still need ASPI.

No guarantees, but it worked like a charm for me.

rafe b.

-