Re: Save Space

On 13 Dec 2001 at 20:00, Jim Green wrote:

> I need a few tutorials: Let's start with Twain 5: In Smart Panel I can Scan
> to File.
>
> Where is the file after scanning????

1. When you started the scan, or when it was completed, the
TWAIN program probably asked you for a file name and/or a
directory in which to write the result.  It may have also asked
for the file type (eg., TIF, JPG, etc.) maybe using a drop-down list.

2. If not #1, then look under some Preferences or Options menu,
for a choice of directories and/or naming conventions.  This is
how Vuescan does it.  You choose the directory, and a "base"
name, and Vuescan automatically appends some numeral to the
default base filename, or one that you supply.

3. If you can remember the name that you gave to the file, then
you should be able to use Explorer, after the fact, to find the file.

4. Strictly speacking, the whole idea of a TWAIN driver is not to
have an intermediate file, but to import the file directly into your
image-editing application.

5.  RTFM.

rafe b.

-