Re: Nikon Scan standalong application and memory

On 30 Nov 2001 at 10:20, Moreno Polloni wrote:

> > Nikon tech rep told me that in order to get the scan speeds advertised I
> > would have to have a beefier computer (a dual processor G4 Mac with 1.5
> Gig
> > of RAM, or something in that league).  I too, ask what the hell is it
> doing
> > in there that requires all that, and it's still slow?
>
> You can get the advertised scan speed with a $1000 PC. Don't know about
> Macs.

I was using my LS-8000, until just a few weeks ago, on a
700 MHz AMD pc, with 512 Megs of RAM.  Probably about
$500 worth, not including the monitor.

Upgrading to a 1600 MHz AMD mobo, I haven't seen any
radical improvements in scanning speeds, though certain
operations in the driver are quicker.

rafe b.

-