Re: samba4 & ldap?

From: "Matthieu Patou" <mat@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>
Not that if your schema is compatible it can be loaded in the AD LDAP, but in anycase you'll have to migrate your data into the AD database and cope with the partitioning of it.

The reason I was considering converting to samba4 is that our ldap database is not compatible with modern versions of smbldap-tools. But i think it will be easier/safer to patch or ldap database for smbldap-tools than to convert it to samba's AD. So I think I'll take a two pronged approach: 1. Stick with samba3, fix our ldap database to work with smbldap-tools, continue to authenticate on linux vs ldap.
2. Set up a samba4 test environment on a private LAN.

I'd still like to poke around with getting our ldap data into samba's AD/ldap thingy. While I was still considering converting to samba4, I googled for info on migrating our ldap database from openldap to samba's AD. I found some messages from a year ago on this list that spoke about a script out there in cyberworld. But at the time, there was nothing in the official samba4 suite to help with this migration. Has that changed?