Re: file_mode and dir_mode options ignored

>> Hi there. I'm using samba3x-3.5.4-0.83.el5_7.2 on CentOS release 5.7
>> x86_64 to mount a Terastation filesystem. The "file_mode" and
>> "dir_mode" options to mount.cifs seem to be ignored; I
>> systematically get a "drwxrwxrwx" permission, no matter what values
>> I provide for these options:

>Try noperm option instead of file_mode and dir_mode.

Hi Motonobu,

thanks for your answer. However noperm doesn't seem to do what I need. I want to restrict access on the CentOS system to the "backuppc" user exclusively. The only way I've been able to do that up to now is to put the mountpoint in a restricted subdirectory. It kind of works but it's not optimal.

Do you have an idea what the problem here is? Is it related to the Terastation itself?

Thanks,
Chris