Von: samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Michael da Silva Pereira
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011 06:55
An: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re:  samba 3.60 vs Windows 7 and a PDC replacement

So if I tried samba 4, you saying my chances of getting this to work are
higher?

Will the regedit hack be required in samba4?

Kind Regards,
Michael da Silva Pereira
+27 (0) 11-251-2000
+27 (0) 82-851-2690

On 13 October 2011 06:45, Jorell <JorellF@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All Samba 3.x are NT-Style Domains (requires NetBIOS) and Samba 4 is
Active
> Directory Services (ADS) (requires DNS).
> Samba 3.x cannot also be a domain controller with windows servers, however
> Samba4 can also be a domain controller with windows servers.
> Chances are your Windows Server is Active Directory Services.
>
> here is some light reading:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.**php/Samba4_joining_a_domain<http://wiki.samba.
org/index.php/Samba4_joining_a_domain>

http://wiki.samba.org/index.**php/Samba4/HOWTO<http://wiki.samba.org/index.p