Re: Samba 3.3.4 - Win7 Latency with MS Office files

Thanks for the ideas !

Does enabling nameservice cacheing mean starting winbindd ? Wondering what the implications of having this running on a network with an actual Win DC running as well are ? Meaning this is a "standalone" instance of a samba server that I am trbl shooting.

I have a development version running the latest, 3.6.7 build and am testing with Win7 clients but seem to still be getting latency after multiple files are opened.

I will try the temp file default location change  though as well.

-john