Re: getent group not working

On 08/08/12 12:38, Rowland Penny wrote:
On 08/08/12 11:59, steve wrote:
Hi
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS client with 3.6.3 joined to the Samba4 AD domain.
smb.conf
winbind enum users = Yes
winbind enum groups = Yes
idmap config *:backend=tdb
idmap config *:range=10000-19999
idmap config ALTEA:backend=ad
idmap config ALTEA:range=20000-40000000

getent passwd and wbinfo -u returns all AD users correctly
wbinfo -g returns all AD groups correctly
getent group fails. Only local groups are returned.

getent group works OK on the Samba4 DC.

I have disabled firewalls at both ends and torn down apparmor at both ends.

Any ideas anyone?
Cheers,
Steve

Hi, I am also getting this on Xubuntu 12.04 against a Samba 4 domain, but 'getent group linuxusers' does return the following info,
linuxusers:x:3000012:
and you can create dirs and files and chgrp them to the domain group.

My smb.conf
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 1100-2000
        idmap config HOME : backend = ad
        idmap config HOME : range = 3000000-3100000
        idmap config HOME : schema_mode = rfc2307

I do not understand why 'getent group' only returns local groups when 'getent group linuxusers' does returns the info.

Rowland

More info, with 'winbind use default domain = yes' in smb.conf on the client, 'getent group linuxusers' returns the info. Remove 'winbind use default domain = yes' from smb.conf and restart nmbd,smbd & winbind, 'getent group linuxusers' now returns nothing, put the line back & restart the daemons and the info comes back.

Why does one line in smb.conf make such a big difference?

Rowland

believed to be clean.