Re: rsync folder permissions

On 23/07/12 13:41, Marcio Merlone wrote:
Em 22-07-2012 05:13, steve escreveu:
I'm trying to rsync our filserver to a USB backup. When I first start,
all the folders are created with
 root:root
ownership whereas the actual owners are
 root:Domain Users
or
 root: one.of.our.groups

Eventually, the groups show correctly, but not always. My question is,
when rsync creates the new directories, does it respect user and group
all the way along or must we wait for the end of the rsync to find out?

Issue the command 'man rsync' and take a look what the -a switch does.
It acts as if many other switches were issued. Take a look at each,
specially -p.

Good luck.

--
*Marcio Merlone*
Hi

Hi Marcio, hi everyone
Yes. I was missing the -a switch:
rsync -auzv source destination
works fine but I found that the owner and group are not synced until the last moment. Impatience perhaps.
Cheers,
Steve