Samba4/DNS question

Hi,

I noticed something interesting when playing around with dns entries on ISC
BIND9/Samba4 environment via Linux and Windows environments.  When I create
a dns entry in the db file of isc bind9, the entry is resolvable in both
environments.  If I create a dns entry via the Windows DNS Manager, then
that entry is also resolvable under both environments, but why does the
entry not show up in the db file?

--
Best regards/Med venlig hilsen,
Quinn Plattel