Re: Trouble with mount.cifs while smbclient works (Ubuntu 12.04)

Passing "sec=ntlmssp" did not help.  Nor did moving the options prior to the device and mount-point specifications.

I'm not comfortable sending a full tcpdump to the list whose membership I do not know (but I can send it directly to formal members of the Samba team -- I see Gunter's name on the website. Shirish, are you on the team as well?) since it would reveal things about my network environment that our data security folks would not want revealed.  But I have performed such a capture -- are there specific things I should be looking for?