Re: Quota

This is not a samba problem. The quota notifications are probably done by some script running from cron that calls repquota. So this is a quota question, and probably the reason you didn't receive an answer from the samba list.

Greetings,

Dennis

On 05/14/2012 12:42 PM, CARLOS COLOMBO wrote:
Please, can anybody help us with that?

Thanks

----- Mensagem original -----
De: "CARLOS COLOMBO"<ccolombo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Para: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 8 de Maio de 2012 11:33:22
Assunto:  Quota

Hi,

On our servers we have configured an enviroment with LDAP + Samba + Quotas. Working properly for windows hosts in wich are configured shared homes. The same works on Linux hosts with only one exception, the homes are shared with NFS.

Now because of security issues we have decided to use samba on both enviroments. And so came the problem:

The users of the shares were informed of their quota every day via notifications. And they grew accostumed to this.

But...we can't find, by any means, a way to show the same information to the users.

ii  samba                                  2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.2         SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for U
ii  samba-common                           2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.2         common files used by both the Samba server a
ii  samba-common-bin                       2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.2         common files used by both the Samba server a
ii  samba-doc                              2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.2         Samba documentation

Thanks in advance!

Carlos Colombo
Solis - Cooperativa de Soluções Livres