Re: samba home folder share

On 5/10/2012 11:19 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
i am u sing AD integrated Samba with winbind,I need to share a samba
home folder for every single user in my Active directory. since i dont
wanna create every user's directory i want samba to manage it. however
i dont wanna place the home folders on default path as the boot drive
(/dev/sda) is very small to store the data, beside that,  i do have
storage /nas/users which is a mount point of my raid array. so
specifically every user's home folder should be created on /nas/users
and this is my home share details in samba.

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = yes
    writeable = yes
    create mask = 0700
    directory mask = 0700
    valid users = %S

after sharing i can see two folders on the samba share
1. admin (which is my valid user and i was expecting this)
2. home ( this is some thing making me confuse, it shouldn't  suppose
to be there )

however, when i click on both folders it gives me an error

"you might not have permission to use this network resource ......
Blah blah blah"[global]

        workgroup = xxxx
        realm = xxxx.COM
        netbios name = nasbox
        server string = %h server
        security = ADS
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supd$
        unix password sync = Yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        dns proxy = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
.

further, all other shares are working fine. here is my samba global.

Thanks

here is what I use in my conf
[ProfileShare]
root preexec = /root/pdc/smbmkhomedir.sh %D %U

< smbmkhomedir.sh >
#!/bin/bash
if [ ! -e /home/$1/$2 ]; then
    mkdir -p /home/$1/$2
    chown $2:"Domain Users" /home/$1/$2
    chmod 4711 /home/$1/$2
setfacl --set=d:u::rwx,d:g::--x,d:o::---,d:u:$2:rwx,d:g:'domain users':--x /home/$1/$2
fi
exit 0