Re: Technical problems with samba 3.5.11 and access 97 .mdb

Hi Adria,

I'm having trouble with samba 3.5.11 and an access 97 database.

I work in a business with 5 users that use a mdb database over samba, and
for the first to make a query everything works fine, but if some other user
tries to make a query when the first one is doing it, the database works
really slow, like if the .mdb file is being blocked (that's what I suppose).

I've been reading a lot about it, i found people talking about changing the
smb.conf to oplock = no and level2 oplock = no, but it doesn't work for me.

Have you tried adding the following line to your shares?

veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.MDB/

Cheers,

Denis

smb.conf

[global]
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    syslog = 0
    guest account = nobody
    encrypt passwords = true
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    map to guest = bad user
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    dns proxy = no
    netbios name= Server
    server string = %h
    logon script = INICIO.BAT
    unix password sync = yes
    workgroup = TRM
    os level = 99
    usershare allow guests = yes
    security = share
    max log size = 1000
    pam password change = yes
#   domain logons = yes
    domain logons = no
    interfaces = 192.168.0.193/255.255.255.0
    oplocks = no
    level2 oplocks = no
#   strict locking = no
    fake oplocks = no

[netlogon]
    path = /usr/lib/samba/netlogon

[SHARE]
    comment = Servidor
    path = /mnt/fitxers
    browseable = yes
    read only = no
    guest ok = yes

With an earlier version of samba (2 i think) everything was fine, but since
i upgraded it users complain me about how slowly the database works (just
when 2 people are using it).

Sorry for my horrible english and thanks for your time.

Adrià,

--
Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems