Re: New unexpected behaviour when joining a domain

I've noticed something that is bothersome.

As mentionned in previous post, the linux fileserver where Samba runs is
called OSLO, the domain is DEVNET.

I mentionned that my (windows) users all reside in c:\users
\USERNAME.oslo instead of c:\users\USERNAME.devnet

All my windows boxes are confusing the linux box hostname with the
domain-name, and it shows when, for instance I try to authenticate on an
SQL Server using domain\username.

There is something wrong in my samba config. I can't figure what. Any
help would be appreciated.

(below: a part of my smb.conf; note that users don't authenticate
against an LDAP or anything.)

<snip>
[global]
	workgroup = DEVNET
	server string = oslo
	log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log.%m
	max log size = 5120
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd %u
	delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
	add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
	delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -c Machine_CHANGEME
-d /dev/null -s /bin/false %u
	logon path =
	logon home =
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 33
	preferred master = Auto
	domain master = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	hosts allow = 10.0.0.0/255.248.0.0, 127.0.0.1

<snip>

Thanks,

-- Jeff