Re: Samba4 oplocks: LibreOffice and Word file locking

On 03/05/12 19:16, Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 11:08:49AM +0200, steve wrote:

Does this work (Word 2010 sees other opens) if you run the clients
against an S3 server ? I'm guessing it will. The current recommended
setup is to use S4 as an AD-DC, but S3 joined to the domain as a
fileserver.

The S3 fileserver code will replace the S4 fileserver before
official S4 release.

Jeremy.

Hi
I can't see how to do that. We currently have a single box S4 which serves both the Linux and Windows clients. The files are in the same folders on the same machine. S4 serves the Win boxes (ntvfs/cifs I think) and nfs the Linux machines.

How would I get a separate s3 fileserver to do the same job? If that can be done then can we still keep nfs for our Linux clients? Presumably on the same box as the s3 fileserver?

Summary
Server1: S4 AD DC
Server2: s3 and nfs fileserver joined to Server1 domain

Cheers and thanks for your time,
Steve