Von: samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Charles Tryon
Gesendet: Montag, 30. April 2012 20:51
An: Samba list
Betreff: Re:  Synchronizing multiple samba servers

The "-u" option does skip "newer" files on the receiver, but it still
doesn't do the full bi-directional sync.  You could script to fire off a
second rsync to do the sync back again, but then you'd have to handle the
details of resolving (or at least saving) conflicts.  I think the point of
the "unison" program is that they've already thought through all those weird
combinations for you.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Janantha Marasinghe
<jananthadm@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Is it possible to use rsync instead? i saw that there is a -u option.
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Janantha Marasinghe
> <janantha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> >  Thanks a lot all . i will look into unison
> >

> > On 4/24/2012 1:43 PM, ciradhb.forward@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Maybe you could have a look to Unison which is a tool like rsync but
> > in bidirectionnal way .
> > http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/index.html
> >
> > Henri

    Charles Tryon