samba with pacemaker in AD environment

Greetings,

I'm trying to configure samba in a pacemaker two-node (active/passive) cluster. I am able to fail the services over from one node to another, but when I do, I still need to run "net ads join" on the node before client users can connect to a share.

In my smb.conf I am specifying the interface of the floating/shared IP and the dns hostname for the same. I am also keeping the metadata directories (/var/lib/samba, /var/run/samba, etc.) on shared storage. Do I absolutely need to use CTDB in this situation? I was hoping to avoid it by using the shared storage for tdb files, worried that it would be adding complexity to an already complex situation. But if it is necessary, I can do it.

Any advice for this kind of configuration?  Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Seth

--
Seth Galitzer