Problems with roaming user profiles

Hello,

I have migrated a samba server (version 3.idon´t remember) from a RHEL box to
a debian 6 box (samba version 3.5.6-df), having changed password database from
smbpasswd to tbdsam, set the old SID to the new samba. Everything works well,
machines are known, new machines  (XP) can be added to the domain, users can
work on their shares and those they have to work on.
However _some_ users cannot load their server based user profiles others don´t
have this problem.
I have tried: map the (secondary) Unix group users to Samba Domain Users and a
lot of permission changes.
Nothing worked.

The smbd.conf section for homes is as follows:
[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	valid users = %S
	read only = No
	create mask = 0660
	force security mode = 0770
	directory mask = 0770
	browseable = No

Unix permissions didn´t change exept that now the primary group of the
individual users is private and users is the secondary group.

I am really a little desperate getting out of that.

What should I try.

Regards

Harry