Re: UID/GID mapping consistency across at least two Linux machines

On 11/04/12 22:35, bakytn wrote:
I have also cleared the /var/run/samba folder and it's now working properly.

you helped a lot! Thank you!

Hi
Just remembered a gotcha with the rfc2307 stuff. Hope you don't mind me including it here for completeness and to save head scratching.

If the user is a member of more than one group, then the
 memberUid
attribute must be specified in the group dn

I think that this is one of the pieces missing from the samba3Upgrade script.

Here is a LDAP example which complies with the schema from Samba4:

dn: CN=teachers,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site
objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: group
gidNumber: 1119
member: CN=steve2,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site
member: CN=lynn2,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site
memberUid: steve2
memberUid: lynn2

HTH,
Steve