Re: Transfer speed

On 4/10/2012 8:17 PM, Harry Jede wrote:
> On 03:06:34 wrote Stan Hoeppner:

>>> Well, if you are an important enough RH customer you might
>>> be able to apply pressure. But that's a LOT of money
>>> probably. Same for SuSE. Debian will likely be very
>>> resistant against that kind of bribery^Wincentive.
>>
>> Debian already has 3.2.6 available in the stable repo:
>>
>> $ aptitude search linux-image
>> i   linux-image-3.2.6           - Linux kernel, version 3.2.6
> I don't know what is in your sources.list
>
> According to packages.debian.org that's not true :-) . There is
> kernel 3.2.0 in backports, that's all, as usual.

Ahh!  You are correct.  My aptitude foo was lacking.  3.2.0 is the latest.

For some reason 'aptitude search' by default also apparently searches
locally installed packages.  I never realized that, until now.  The
linux-image-3.2.6 turns out to be my custom kernel built from vanilla
source (I only use custom kernels).

$ aptitude show linux-image-3.2.6
Package: linux-image-3.2.6
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
 This package contains the Linux kernel, modules and corresponding other
files, version: 3.2.6.
Homepage: http://www.kernel.org/

--
Stan