Von: samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von steve
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. April 2012 18:30
An: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re:  UID/GID mapping consistency across at least two Linux
machines

On 09/04/12 21:00, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> On 04/09/12 13:11, bakytn wrote:
>> I found this:
>> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-January/078411.html
>>
>> How to implement "a" scenario?
> Are you using winbind for idmapping?   The files you want may be
> /var/samba/locks (check "testparm -v" for the locks and cache
> directories.)  Look at the winbind*tdb and idmap*tdb files.  tdbdump
> will show you what is in them.
Hi

I've never understood why we have to use winbind when using Linux clients.
It seems a complicated way to go about uid/gid mapping.

All we do is add posixAccount, uidNumber and gidNumber +any of other
2307 stuff you may need to the user record in LDAP. Maybe the problem before
has been with the poor performance of nss-ldap. But with the new nss-ldapd
nslcd, the user and group mapping is perfect and very fast.
It's just as good as reading from a local file even on a busy lan.

HTH
Cheers,
Steve