(no subject)

 Hi Moray,

Thanks for your answer. It could help but only partially.

The script name logon%u.cmd was a bad example. Actually, a user can log on from WinXP , or Win 7 workstations, and I'like to run different logon scripts depending on the OS . So having logon script = logon%a.cmd in the smb.conf generally works thanks to variable substitution.

But for user accounts that have been created with the USRMGR.EXE tools, the Logon Script attributes have not been set and it seems not possible to modify it with variables using "pdbedit --script" .(one precision : I use  passdb backend = tdbsam ).

Your script could help , but as you said logon script name will be hardcoded for each users which I want to avoid.

Isn't it possible to manually change some entries in the passdb.tdb file ?

Henri

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net