macro characters with pdbedit ?

Hi,

I would like to change the Logon script name attributes of a samba user account to something like logon%u.cmd using pdbedit with the --script option. It does not work because the string logon%u.cmd is litteraly taken as the value, loosing the variable substitution at evaluation time. pdbedit -v output gives "Logon Script : logon%u.cmd" .

When creating a user account without --script option, it takes by default the string that is specified in the smb.conf (say : logon%a.cmd) as a macro that will be evaluated later (pdbedit -v gives Logon Script: logonUNKNOWN.cmd which seems normal on linux).

So my question is :  is it possible to use macro characters with pdbedit the same way they are used in the smb.conf ? If not how can I change account attributes (and specifically the Logon Script Name) with macro charaters ? maybe with another tool than pdbedit ?

Thanks in advance

Henri

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net