Re: windows 7 roaming profiles

El 29/03/12 22:36, Miguel Medalha escribió:

The stuff in t he roaming profiles (very little) is copied back/forth
at login/out, the stuff in t he redirected folders is *synchronized*
at all times using the Offline Files technology that has long existed
in Microsofts products.

Hi
I'm coming to back to Windows after a 12 year absence so please forgive my questions.

Just coming back to my original post for a moment,

e.g.
I create a file and store it on my desktop.

roaming profile
It is stored locally until I log off whereupon it is synced to the server.

desktop folder redirected
The file is only ever stored at the destination. Edits are instantaneously synced, not only when I log off.

Is this correct? What is the equivalent of folder redirection in Linux?

Thanks,
Steve