Re: Update Samba PDC - win7 stop working

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]



Hi,

thanks for the hints.

Am 29.03.2012 10:13, schrieb Daniel Müller:
You need to run samba 3.5 or samba 3.6 from sernet.
So 3.4 from Novell will *never* work ?
After running the update of the OS we simply have to use the sernet rpm
and everything is fine ?

To get your Win 7 and W2008 Server in the domain you need to do some registry entries.
See: http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
We are already running the WIN7 machines
with the registry entries. On the old installation everything is fine.

If you are running a virtual machine I suggest to move from SLES to centos


Good Luck
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------
EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
-----------------------------------------------
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. März 2012 08:31
An: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff:  Update Samba PDC - win7 stop working

Hi,

we have tried to update our rather old samba PDC. The system is running on Novell SLES 10  SP2 with the samba RPM from Sernet.
We stopped everything and updated (booting from DVD, using offline update) the machine to SLES 11 SP1 started samba and everything was fine - expect all WIN 7 and W2008XX Server.
Those clients were not able to use the domain.
XP and Vista (32 and 64) worked without any problems. After 2h of searching we switched back to the old Installation, to get everything back to work.
The PDC is a virtual machine. so using the snapshot worked very well ;)

However I do not have the log files anymore :(

OLD
OS                                                Samba ver
SLES 10 SP2 (i586)                    samba3-3.3.4-39

NEW
OS                                                Samba ver
SLES 11 SP1 (i586)                    samba-3.4.3



*) Has anybody seen this kind of behavior ?
    (Doing samba update ->  Win7 is not able to use the domain anymore)

*) Is there a way to test those steps ? The pdc is using our LDAP Server, so we can not simply clone the pdc and test everything in a separate network...
(or we have to clone a couple of server ...)

*) When we update the PDC and we get everything working  - which version is recommended (3.4.X // 3.5.X. // 3.6.X ) ?

--
Bye,
      Peer
_________________________________________________________
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Hans-Knöll Str.10            Telefon: ++49 3641 57-6705
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 57-7705




--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
    Peer-Joachim Koch
_________________________________________________________
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Hans-Knöll Str.10            Telefon: ++49 3641 57-6705
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 57-7705

-- 
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba

[Linux]     [Info Cyrus]     [LARTC]     [Bugtraq]     [Netfilter]     [Internet Dating Forums]     [RAID]     [Yosemite News]     [Photography]

Add to Google Powered by Linux