Re: Change password (like smbpasswd) from Windows?

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 00:25 -0800, Jack Bates wrote:
> From Linux I can use "smbpasswd -r 192.168.1.123 -U jack" to change the
> password I use to map network drives. How can I do the same from Windows
> I configured a Samba share that several folks connect to from their
> personal (Windows) laptops. They want to be able to change the passwords
> they use to connect to this share

Assuming: since you say "personal laptops" that these machines are *not*
members of a domain and thus are participating in a workgroup [however
adhoc that workgroup may be]

I'm not aware of any way to change an account/share password from a
Windows client when operating in workgroup mode;  this is regardless of
if the server is Samba or Windows.