[Redhat-s390-list] Roswell disk questions

I'm just about to install the new Roswell beta. I've been
using the pre-Roswell 2.2 kernel series and I have a few questions
about disks and partitions:

  1) In the README it states that if you used the 2.2 betas the
     correct partition codes didn't get written so you have to
     re-install.

     Do you instead mean that the disks have to be entirely
     reformatted?

     If they need to be reformatted, I assume that means that the
     system, once installed, cannot mount or recognize other
     partitions (containing local data, for example) that I might
     have created under the previous betas - i.e. I need to
     reconstruct all my previous data?

  2) Does the dasd driver still support CMS FORMATTED and RESERVED
     minidisks?

  Thanks,

  Mike Durket

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]