Re: Configuration file .rpmsave

On 05/27/2013 01:56 PM, Eran Ben Natan wrote:
Hi All,

I have an RPM that installs a file named informix.xml under Jboss deploy
directory.

This file contains DB connection details that are set after
installation, so I  declared it as config file.

After upgrade, RPM creates the .rpmsave file, and unfortunately Jboss
tries to deploy it and fails.

Is there a way to control the location of the .rpmsave file? Or other
way to work around this problem?

There's currently no way to prevent backups from real %config files.

Since the configuration is intended to be created after the installation, one possibility could be declaring the file as %ghost %config which tells rpm to leave it alone: rpm wont package or create such a file, nor will it overwrite it on updates (or remove on erase)

	- Panu -