RE: Can anyone tell me about the following products

Hi James,

I'm doing the same process for over a year now. Are you planning to use RPM for installation? Because I believe these tools are for automatic installation without using packaging.

Eran.

From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James R Maxwell
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 3:27 PM
To: rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Can anyone tell me about the following products

All,

We are in the process of moving from a Sun Solaris OS HW structure to a REHL Linux OS HW structure and we are looking for advice on the following COTS products. If anyone has used or know why we would not consider this list of products we would appreciate any feedback.

Install Anywhere

Cobbler

FAI - Full Automated Installation

Chef by OpsCode

Liquidbase

Bit Install

A little insight into our environment here.

We are in a closed (secure) area and we build and deliver derived objects and data files (no source) to our customers.

Thank you

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.