Re: rpm and platform detection

On 04/11/2013 06:27 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 06:16 -0700, Alice Wonder wrote:

Anyway, if anyone knows what part of my tool chain is lacking resulting
in configure not detecting that I'm linux, I would very much appreciate
it.

OK - it looks like config.guess is where I need to investigate.
The %configure macro was incorrect resulting in inability to build
shared libs, editing /var/lib/rpm/macros and changing once instance of
"none" to "linux" fixed that, and that part of the macros file indicated
it was generated based on config.guess.

So I'm closer to figuring it out.

Yup, config.guess is where ./configure gets the build/host triplet, so you need to figure out where the "none" is coming from. Note that this isn't specific to rpm, any autotools (autoconf, automake) based project should exhibit the same behavior. Autotools upstream(s) would likely be able to better help you with this, rpm is just a "consumer" of those and I'm not that familiar with autotools internals.

	- Panu -