RE: building a package that can not be upgraded

Thanks - does that also work in "%pre"? because I want to have the new package "rpm -F ..." fail, before it messes anything up

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ivan
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:48 PM
To: General discussion about the RPM package manager
Subject: Re: building a package that can not be upgraded

Michael,

RPM may contain a conditional statement in %post section that can differentiate between install and upgrade|update commands.

%post
if [ "$1" = "1" ]; then
# installing new package ( not upgrading ) install file ....

elif [ "$1" = "2" ]; then
# will be executed with  rpm -Uvh or yum upgrade is used.

else

Kind regards,

Ivan.
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Hebenstreit, Michael <michael.hebenstreit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to create a package that throws an error when
> trying to upgrade? Aka rpm -i should work, rpm -F/-U should not
>

> Thanks
> Michael

Ivan Teliatnikov