Re: New book on package management with RPM and YUM

On 08/04/11 22:47, Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: New book on package management with RPM and YUM, Andrew Ford...:

I am the author of the "Apache 2 Pocket Reference" and the "mod_perl Pocket Reference" (published by O'Reilly), and back in 1994 I wrote "Spinning the Web" (the first book on web publishing). I recently started work on a short (concise) book on Linux package management with RPM and YUM, and am looking for volunteers to review the book as it comes together.

Are you going to limit your focus to RPM 4.x as it exists on Fedora, RHEL,
etc., or are you also going to cover RPM 5.x as it exists on a number of
other distributions?

Tim

I was going to restrict myself to RPM 4.x. I have not had any experience of RPM 5.x, and as I understand it RHEL (plus Centos, Scientific Linux, etc), Fedora and SUSE all use 4.x.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford
South Wing Compton House, Compton Green,