Re: [Sound] Where is the sound configuration stored?

I'm no expert, but until someone else has better answers...

1. Sight unseen, not sure your ALSA problem is caused by Red Hat's "automatic soundcard detection." (If you care to elaborate, I'm all ears.)

2. Hoping not to offend your knowledge base,
- kudzu" is used for hardware detection, storing in/reading from /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
- module info is stored in /etc/modules.conf.

3. 8.0 has a "Hardware Browser" (runs /usr/share/hwbrowser/hwbrowser). Don't remember if was in 7.3, but crashes on my system anyway. Of course you can "look at" hardware info through Preferences -> Information (runs /usr/kcmshell).

4. More specifically, what sound card are you using? At what step does the ALSA compile or install die?

SJR

Hanxue Lee wrote:

I am using RedHat 7.3

I have been having some problem compiling and 'installing' ALSA, due to Redhat's automatic soundcard detection.

Can somebody tell me where is the sound card configuration stored? Are the any GUI tools that manages new hardware?

Thank you.

Yours truly,
Lee Hanxue

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]