[Sound] Re: No sound on speakers from and audio CD.

> What sound card are you using?
>
> SJR

It's integrated on Intel board of my Dell Dimension 8200.

Roman

Digi, thank you for your response.

That was indeed it -- under Linux one needs to
have a separate cable from a CD-ROM drive to the sound card,
which I don't have in my new Dell Dimension 8200. Actually
I have two CD-drives and only one unused analog socket on
my sound card (the second is used by modem).

CD's play fine without such a cable under Windows XP.
RedHat support people have just informed me that under
Linux I DO need the cable.

Thanks,

Roman

Open up your system case and check to be sure that the little cable from
your CD drive is connected to the sound card.  Can you listen to CD's
under XP?  Maybe it does something different.
Just my 2 cents
Digi