Re: problems with AdLib on RH7.3

Alan Cox wrote:

> > options opl3 io=0x388
> > options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5
>
> Are you sure both the card and MPU use IRQ 5 ?

> > uart401: Failed to allocate IRQ5
> > Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
> > last message repeated 27 times
>
> Either the card is not on IRQ5, something else is on IRQ5 or both.
> What does /proc/interrupts and lspci have to say about the IRQ 5

I finally managed to figure this out. I used sndconfig with
--noprobe and --noautoconfig and set the mpuirq to 7. Things
kind of work now. A question and an observation:

Could you please tell what these lines from rc.sysinit are supposed
to do?

        # tweak isapnp settings if needed.
        if [ -n "$PNP" -a  -f /proc/isapnp -a -x /sbin/sndconfig ]; then
            /sbin/sndconfig --mungepnp >/dev/null 2>&1
        fi

I got the impression (not completely sure) that this was overwriting
the changes I made to modules.conf, so I commented it out. The man
page for sndconfig has no documentation for the mungepnp option.

Now I get a "Loading sound module (CS4232)  [FAILED]" message at
startup, and the modules are not loaded. But when I start Realplayer,
the modules are loaded, interrupts assigned as per modules.conf (vide
/proc/interrupts) and I can hear sound normally.

Mandar.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]