Re: Implementing VPN

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 19:43 +0530, R. S. Patil wrote:

> When searched on google i got two three options like
> FreeS/WAN, StrongS/WAN, OpenS/WAN and Open VPN.
>
> Can somebody suggest me which option would be better to start with ?
> some urls to read more on this VPN technology.
> Management is ready to spare one or more dedicated PCs for VPN
> gateways but those are Intel based PII/P4 range PCs.

---
I was under the impression that OpenS/WAN was the fork of a pretty much
stopped FreeS/WAN. Don't know anything about StrongS/WAN and OpenVPN
works well for me. RH 9 has cipe which is lighter duty and easy to set
up.

If I were starting at this point, I would probably use openvpn if I am
in control over all hardware at all locations and use OpenS/WAN if the
intent is to integrate/migrate into Cisco solutions.

Craig