HTH

Regards

Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@redhat.com con fecha
25/07/2003 03:51:17 p.m.

Por favor, responda a shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Enviado por:      shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx

Destinatarios:     shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
CC:

Asunto:     Re: Disk Mirroring

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 02:11:57PM +0800, Leong wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I have a task to install dual boot running Windows XP and RedHat 9 for
> more than 100 PCs. Are there any recommendation to install dual boot in
> a fast and efficient way?
>
> I was thinking to use Norton Ghost to mirror from a fully installed dual
> boot machine but a friend of mine told me that I will encountered boot
> up problem after the mirror. Please advised.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> CL
We are just at the point of trying this. In the past Ghost was
sensitive to architecture differences in the different machines. If
all your machines are alike this should work but here is another
problem. If you use Ghost in byte to byte copy mode what happens if
one of the disks has bad blocks. If we succeed I would be glad to
notify you. I would appreciate any information you could send us on
your experiences with this method. Boot up problems may exist but that
is what Linux rescue disks are for. You may have to run lilo or
grub-install again. But since multiple machines can be done at once we
have found this method useful in the past.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.