Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

> I do wish he would give us some info on the modem. Is it internal or
> external?
> He hasn't said. ISA or PCI? again we don't know.

Actually, I stated that it is an internal modem (no one makes ISA's
anymore that I am aware of, so it has to be PCI), and that it is
marketed as tested ready for Linux Kernel 2.4.x.

> All we know
> is "I have this modem that works in RHL8 but RHL9 only detected 2 of 3
> times, and it doesn't connect" There are soo many possibilities, I
> haven't a clue where to start.
>
> Some info on it form the running RHL8 setup would be a great help.
>
> 	-Thomas

What was broken from RH8 to RH9 that would cause what is supposed to be
a superior version of RH to fail to recognize a Linux-ready piece of
hardware that the older/lesser version successfully recognized?

Or, given that it now seems to repeatedly recognize the modem (at least
for the moment), what has changed that would cause the interface to the
ISP to fail post-hardware-handshake?

Thanks!  dmc