Re: Major stability issues w/ RedHat 9

Hi,

> SB Live! cards screwed up Windows NT systems as well as Linux systems.
> They had a bad PCI implementation. As it happens they managed to find
> enough work around to get 9x running as well as 9x ever ran, the board's
> crashes were masked by the rest of the system crashes. Under Windows NT
> I have NEVER YET found a driver that will make a Live! card work
> reliably. They are pure system poison.

This is completely different from my experience. I have been using a
Soundblaster Live! Platinum for years now, and I haven't had any problems
with it. I used it with Win98SE, Win2000, WinXP and different RedHat
releases (At least with 8.0 and 9, and probably also with 6.2 and 7.3). The
mainboards I used the Live! card with are Asus P2B-LS, Asus CUV4X-LS and
Asus P4G8X-Deluxe. The P2B and P4G8X have an Intel chipset, the CUV4X has a
VIA chipset.

Maybe I have been lucky, but for me the Live! card has worked perfectly.
Sander.