Re: postfix

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Marek wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been trying to set up postfix on an internal network. If i mail a
> user that has the same user name on both machines it goes to the the
> machine i sent it from. If i mail a unique user on another machine i get
> a unknown user error.
>
> So what am i missing here ?

If you have a user marek on both machines and you send mail to maerk it will
be delivered locally. If you send mail from mach1 to merek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
if properly configured it will send mail to mach2 and look for the user merek.

> Do i have to setup the transport and canonical files. I have run
> /usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/canonical but using webmin i am asked for
> a map file when i try to add a user?

I do not know, I do not have enough info to tell but I doubt it.

> The network config part looks ok so does the DNS.

Do you have an MX record in your dns?? Which machine is supposed to be the
mail machine? Is the real problem here that you just want to send mail to the
other machine if so use the above syntax.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....