Re: WineX for Shrike?

> On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 17:06, Eric Burke wrote:
> > > Is there a WineX RPM for shrike? Anywhere?
> >
> > There currently is not. Transgaming is supposedly working on one,
but
> > right now WineX does not run on RH 9.
>
> No, it does run under RH9, however I had to add two things to the
winex3
> script file:
>
> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
> rm -rf ~/.transgaming/wineserver-hostname
>
> (where hostname is the fully qualified hostname of your system, e.g.
> host.blah.com)

You are right, it will run with that hack. That does not mean there is
an RPM for RH9 out there. As of this time RH9 is not officially
supported by Transgaming, and that is gathered from looking at their
site. Wine will run as well with the same hack, which is required even
when compiling the new one --with-nptl.

With any luck WineX will be obsoleted anyway if the gaming companies
release more linux binaries. Then I could actually use linux for more
then just servers and a development environment.

Regards,

Eric Burke