Re: Bugfix errata?

It seems like the "free" Red Hat releases will always be on the
"bleeding edge" side of things.
The real stable Red Hat distribution is their commercial version, the
one you pay money for (Red Hat Enterprise Linux).

Apparently, it works like this:
- The betas and Rawhide are a testing ground for the "stable" free
distribution
- The free distribution is a testing ground for the commercial version
- The commercial version is the real stable, rock-solid one

For example, if you go to this page:

http://www.redhat.com/software/

...then Red Hat 9 is defined as a "community product", "for SOHO users,
independent professionals, students, and hobbyists".

So, the "bleeding edgyness" of RH9 is intentional, as it is with its 6
months release cycle. It's a way to get rid of all bugs before porting
its technology to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Short answer: if you're looking for a _free_ Linux distribution for your
critical servers, then perhaps Red Hat is not for you.